Its Sunday, so I thought that today I would compile a list of the things this week that I have been grateful for again. So here it is...
- Eli! The fact that he is growing and that he is healthy and happy.
- Chilly. I am grateful for the commitment he makes to our family. I am grateful that he works hard to provide us with the money we need not only to survive but to have nice things too. I am grateful for his support, love and encouragement that has meant that I have been able to grow and that I will continue to be able to grow into the person that I want to be instead of staying stuck and stagnating in the unwell and anxiety ridden state that I was once in.
- The earth. I am grateful that it is nourishing my garden. Watching a documentary about the environment and waste recently has reminded me that I need to put a lot more effort into keeping down the waste I make each day.
- The Sun and the beautiful weather we have been having this summer... equally I am grateful for the rain that has watered the ground again after the heat wave.
- Owning a fan. I think I may have melted these last two weeks without one.
- The 14 years my childhood pet dog Tyler has had with us. Sadly he is having to be put down on Monday morning. I am grateful for the life he has had with us. I'll miss him. Goodbye old friend.
- Fast drying laundry on hot days (I hear you Taryn!)
- Beautiful butterflies. Recently caterpillars have completely destroyed my beetroot and kale crops. I have felt really frustrated and annoyed about this for the last couple of weeks. They have all began to emerge from the cocoons the last few days and the garden has been full of them fluttering around. How much this has made me smile when I go outside has possibly made up for the loss of my crops.
- Having the time to finish my latest drawing, The Majestic Stag.